Come Play – 45th Season Auditions & More
All auditions are held at the Oshawa Arts Resource Centre, 45 Queen St.
Auditions are public readings using the script; no monologues required. No fees and no experience necessary, but you should read the script to determine your interest and suitability. Please plan to stay for the duration of each audition.
Scripts for all of this season’s shows are now available for loan. To borrow a script for advance reading contact DSP at 905-725-9256 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like more detail about the characters in these three plays? DSP AUDITIONS 2018 45th
The Long Road
by Shelagh Stephenson
directed by Joe Szekeres
Nov. 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 2018 8 pm
- Youth Audition Mon. Aug. 27, 7:00 – 8:30 pm For the roles of Emma and Joe; teens and parents must read the play in advance
- Adult Audition Tues. Aug. 28, 7:00 – 9:30 pm All other roles + the actors selected to play Emma and Joe
- Joe, 20
- Mary, Joe’s mother, 52
- John, Mary’s husband, 50-60
- Emma Price, 18
- Elizabeth, a social worker, 40-60
Love and Anger
by George F. Walker
directed by Carolyn Wilson
Jan. 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 2019 8 pm
Tues. Oct. 16, 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Peter ‘Petie’ Maxwell 50+
- Gail Jones, a black woman 20-40
- Eleanor Downey 40+
- John ‘Babe’ Conner 45+
- Sean Harris 50+
- Sarah Downey 35+
by James Rushbrooke
directed by John Lunman
March 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30 2019 8 pm
- Youth Audition Mon. Aug. 27, 7:00 – 8:30 pm For the role of Jessie; teens and parents must read the play in advance
- Adult Audition Tues. Nov. 27, 7:00 – 9:30 pm All other roles + the actor selected to play Jessie
- Tom, Jessie’s primary caregiver, 30-60
- Caroline, a doctor, 35+
- Charlie, a doctor, 30+
- Rachel, Charlie’s wife, 25+
- Jessie, 12 (this character will be played by a teenager, 15+, and will be auditioned Aug. 27th)
Rather Work “Behind the Scenes”? What you could do?
- set construction
- set painting
- props construction and acquisition
- costume making or organizing
- stage hand
- ticket handling
- stage managing
- make-up and much more!
Please contact us if you’re interested.
905-725-9256 or at email@example.com
We’d love to meet you.